GENERAL MANAGER Job Description
We are currently seeking an inspiring and self-motivated individual to join our team.
Our part-time General Manager will help us manage the operations of our small but active organization. Reporting directly to the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors, and working closely with Facility Manager, the General Manager is responsible for managing the overall administrative, financial and human resources of the organization. The General Manager will interact and coordinate with the Facility Manager and the Volunteer Coordinator and reports to the Artistic Director and Board of Directors.
This is a part-time position (2 days per week/10 hours per week) with a range from $18-$25 per hour or $10,000- $12,000 annually for 50 weeks of work per year. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Minimum 2 years of arts management experience in the non-profit arts sector;
- An understanding of – and a passion for – the artistic work of W&M Dance Projects, and its role in the live performance ecology;
- Excellent grant writing and communication skills are a must;
- Simple bookkeeping skills
- Great Organizational skills
- Ability to manage and understand the legal obligations of our organization
- Marketing and promotion experience
- A “can do” attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond when necessary;
- Ability to learn quickly, think on your feet, and adapt easily to new environments;
- Attention to detail and an ability to maintain focus in fast-paced work environment, while maintaining an eye on a larger picture.
W&M DANCE PROJECTS OF CALGARY
W&M Dance Projects of Calgary Association (W&M Dance Projects) is the umbrella name encompassing the dance entities and community projects under the artistic direction of Wojciech Mochniej and Melissa Monteros. It is the home of the professional company W&M Physical Theatre, the apprentice company WM2, the pre-professional program SURGE Co., and the Artist in Residence program. It is an organization that continues to demonstrate artistic excellence, audience growth, and strong initiatives in education, performance, and community development. W&M Dance Projects has its home in its own leased space which contains 2 large fully equipped dance studios on two levels available for rental to artists and artistic projects. Located just six minutes from downtown, near Stage West in Southeast Calgary, W&M Dance Projects provides artists with the space, training, mentorship, and community they need to develop new work and new ways of working, while offering audiences outstanding new performances.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com by 5pm, Monday, November 1, 2017.
When creating the file, be sure to make your name the file name, SurnameFirstname.doc
We thank everyone who applies for their interest. The first round of interviews will occur the week of November 6th, 2017.