WildDogs International Screendance Festival 2021 - Program A
Please ensure you scroll down and read the IMPORTANT! section before purchase.
W&M Dance Projects proudly presents WildDogs, a hybrid festival of international screendance works, that will be presented in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on September 18 and 19, 2021 at the Globe Cinema. Tickets for Program A are $8.00 or you can buy the Program A + B package for $12.00.
WildDogs is committed to dance on film as an independent art form. Screendance expands the possibilities of movement expression through a collaboration between two niche artistic mediums. WildDogs builds an audience for new and established screendance artists and encourages dialogue within the international screendance community.
WildDogs’ Artistic/Executive Directors are Melissa Monteros and Wojciech Mochniej, W&M’s original co-founders and dance-filmmakers themselves. Artistic Associates in this endeavour are emerging artists Zoe Abrigo and Tessa Leier.
This year's festival includes films from Costa Rica, the Czech Republic, the United States, France, Ukraine, Switzerland, Canada (including Calgary), Australia, Russia, the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, and Sweden.
QR CODE FOR PROGRAM
September 18, 2021 - Program A
Startle by Hazel González Araya & Esteban Richmond (Costa Rica)
Ben by Teresa Sala, Ilaria Vergani Bassi, Gabriel Beddoes, and Mattia Parisotto (Italy)
Memory House by Lyndel Quick (Australia)
Fauteuil Lit by Maksym Kotskyi (Ukraine)
Downriver by Andrea Boll (Switzerland)
unheeded by Marie France Forcier (Canada)
Dance, Dance, Evolution by Jules Rosskam (United States)
DON'T, KISS .mov by Carl Olsson and Fabio Liberti (Sweden)
finding us // again by Ieva Bračiulytė & David Comeaux (United States)
As It Ends, It Begins by Or Meir Schraiber & Treyden Chiaravalloti (United States)
Running Time: 94:05
September 19, 2021 - Program B
Fibonacci by Tomáš Hubáček (Czech Republic)
It Cries Too Loudly by Dolly Sfeir (United States)
PLACE/is a city written on this body? by Rosanna Terracciano (Canada)
Naar het Blauw by Davey Bakker (Netherlands)
ECCE by Fu Le (France)
Je parle by Cai Glover, Damian Siqueiros (Canada)
The Escape by Liudmila Komrakova (Russian Federation)
TA MARA by Iwona Pasińska (Poland)
Navigation by Marlene Millar (Canada)
Running Time: 95:26
This event will comply with COVID-19 guidelines as per the provincial government plus any additional requirements above and beyond this required by the venue. This includes:
- As per the venue, guests will be required to provide proof of vaccination at entry. Negative COVID tests will not be accepted by the venue. There are two options to provide proof of vaccination:
- Copy of Client Immunization Record
A copy or photo of your completed COVID-19 Client Immunization Record. This is the paper you received when you got your second vaccination. If you did not receive this document you can check with your doctor or local pharmacy for assistance in obtaining this document.
- MyHealth Account
Through your MyHealth.Alberta.ca account.
1. Create or log into your existing account.
2. Proceed to “My Personal Records”.
3. Go to “Immunizations” and choose “Print Immunizations”.
4. Choose “Type of Data” and “Unselect” all except “Immunizations” then Save.
5. Choose “Date Range” and set it for 6 months or customize it to include both vaccine dates. Then Save.
6. Export. Print or snap a picture of the PDF.
7. This record will only include your name and the date, place and type of vaccine used. This option might take more time, depending on the time it takes to create a MyHealth Alberta account.
TRAILERS & MEDIA - PROGRAM A
Dance, Dance, Evolution
As It Ends, It Begins
Globe Cinema617 8 Ave SW, Calgary