We are excited to announce a call for entries for the 2nd WiLDDOGS International Screendance Festival.
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE THROUGH www.filmfreeway.com/wilddogs
W&M Dance Projects proudly presents WildDogs, a hybrid festival of international screendance works, presented virtually (online) and at a drive-in near you in September 2021. We invite dance, movement, image and video artists to submit their dance films until July 1st, 2021. WildDogs calls upon artists of all levels, ages, and genres to apply and encourages the representation of all movement forms from across the globe. WiLDDOGS pays screening fees to all selected filmmakers, with individual awards to selected films.
WiLDDOGS is committed to dance on film as an independent art form. Screendance expands the possibilities of movement expression through a collaboration between two niche artistic mediums. WiLDDOGS builds an audience for new and established screendance artists and encourages dialogue within the international Screendance community.
WiLDDOGS’ Artistic/Executive Directors are Melissa Monteros and Wojciech Mochniej, W&M PHYSICAL THEATRE original co-founders and dance-filmmakers themselves. Artistic Associates in this endeavor are emerging artists Zoe Abrigo and Tessa Leier.
The Festival will be presenting a special screening of WiLDDOGS at select locations in Calgary (CAN), Saskatoon (CAN), and Honolulu (USA), Lublin, Poland (Nights of Culture) and Warsaw, Poland.
This 2nd WiLDDOGS International Screendance Festival is an initiative of W&M Dance Projects of Calgary.
Screendance Short (5 – 15 minutes)
Special Submissions (exceptions to rules 1-3)
Student Film (5 – 10 minutes)
Deadlines and Fees
Application opens: April 6, 2021
Early Bird deadline: May 1, 2021
Regular deadline: June 1, 2021
Notification Date: August 1, 2021
Early Bird fee: CAD $5.00
Regular fee: CAD $10.00
WildDogs is only accepting entries digitally through Vimeo, YouTube, or an online link. A secure password protected link may be used. All entry fees must be paid via FilmFreeway.com and applications must be submitted through FilmFreeway.com.
Selected applicants will receive a screening fee from WildDogs. There are 3 special awards.
- Submitted films must be between 5 to 15 minutes in length and must be a dance-based film of any style.
- Films must have a production date of 2019 or later for consideration.
- Films with open access on the internet are not eligible for consideration.
- WildDogs only accepts submissions through Vimeo, YouTube or an online link that is NOT visible to the public. A secure password protected link may be used.
- Applicants must include a written synopsis/narrative of the film, biography of the artist(s) or company, an artistic statement, and provide WildDogs with press materials (images, trailers, bio, etc.) as stated in the release section. All images must include a credit, due to copyrights we will not be able to use your images without a credit.
- Applicants must specify the category they are applying to: student, emerging, or professional artist. Student applicants must submit a valid student ID or proof of enrolment at the time the film was made with their submission.
- For live screening the applicant must provide a HD digital file, which is a minimum of 1920×1080.
- Applicants must adhere to the release statement and ensure all copyright and all other legal rights are obtained as well as clearance from any and all actual or potential Third Party Claims
- Once submitted, a film cannot be withdrawn and the application fee may not be refunded.
Each applicant is responsible to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted film. Each applicant is also responsible to clear all submitted content from any and all actual or potential legal claims, including, but not limited to, claims based upon theories of libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of rights of publicity, theft of trade secrets, breach of confidence, breach of confidential relationship, and breach of express or implied contract, or any other third party claims (“Third Party Claims”). WildDogs will not be held responsible for any unauthorized copyright or Third Party Claims included from the applicant’s film submission and reserves the right to disqualify applicants who fail to meet these regulations. If a legal claim, dispute, action or proceeding is brought forward by an individual or entity that alleges the applicant’s film contained unauthorized or unlawful use of any copyrighted content or Third Party Claims, the applicant is held accountable to indemnify and defend WildDogs, the Festival, and each of their representatives and affiliates from any liability in connection and from any fees and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, that may be incurred.
Each applicant is subject to a reproduction agreement, providing WildDogs permission to use excerpts of the selected work for trailers, promotional activities and other activities in relation to the festival. Press materials must also be submitted by each applicant, which includes: images, trailers, artwork, artist and director biographies, and other materials the applicant chooses to submit. All images must include a credit, due to copyrights we will not be able to use your images without a credit.